Best Exercises for Flat Abs
Some people who are diligent with exercise and a healthy diet find they may still have a problem with a bulge in their midsection. It’s difficult for most individuals to obtain the so-called six-pack abs, but limiting sugar, saturated fats, and unhealthy carbohydrates helps you obtain the weight loss needed to help you get rid of some of your belly fat.
Although you may not ever have the abs depicted on fitness trainers, or models, the good news is there are exercises that specifically target the abdominal muscles to help strengthen and tone your core to help you achieve a flatter stomach.
What are some exercises for better abs?
• The Bicycle Crunch Exercise
1. Place your hands behind your head pressing lightly with your fingers.
2. Lift your legs up bent at the knees and raise your shoulders slightly off the floor, careful not to strain your neck.
3. Bring in the left knee to the right elbow extending the other leg straight out.
4. Repeat by switching sides with the right knee to the left elbow, extending the other leg out, as if you were using a pedaling motion.
5. Continue this action for at least twelve consecutive repetitions
1. Lie flat on your back on the floor with your knees bent while your feet are flat on the floor.
2. Place your hands can be by your side, or across your chest.
3. Raise your upper body slightly off the floor without moving your lower torso, lifting only your shoulders up off the floor and not your back.
4. Hold for a brief second to flex your abdominal muscles, and then lower back down again.
5. Repeat this position for at least twelve or more repetitions
6. To intensify this exercise and target the abs even more you can repeat this procedure with your legs straight up and crossed. Put your hands behind your head for added support, and do the same crunch by lifting your shoulders off the floor.
• Abdominal Crunch with Exercise Ball
1. Lie on your lower back across the exercise ball and place your hands behind your head.
2. Slowly raise your upper body from the ball, hold for a brief second, and lay back down again.
3. Repeat the procedure for several repetitions breathing out after contracting your stomach muscles, and breathing in when returning to the starting position.
• Abdominal Chair Hold
1. Using a sturdy chair sit on the edge of the chair placing your hands down next to you on the edge of the chair.
2. Lift your feet and buttocks up off the chair about a couple of inches while holding onto the chair.
3. Maintain this position for as long as you can or at least 10 seconds.
4. Lower yourself down and then repeat the position again, preferably for several repetitions.
Obtaining flatter abs can be achieved by following a healthy diet and exercise regimen that uses exercises to target the midsection which can provide improved strength and tone for the core region of the body.